You must register with the Illinois Department of Revenue if you conduct business in Illinois, or with Illinois customers. This includes sole proprietors (individual or husband/wife), exempt organizations, or government agencies withholding for Illinois employees.
Register Your Business
To register your business you must either
* electronically register through the Illinois Business Gateway (approximately one to two days to process), or
* complete and mail Form REG-1, Illinois Business Registration Application, to us at the address
on the form. Form REG-1 is available on our web site as a fill-in and saveable form, by calling us
at 1 800 356-6302, or at one of our offices.
In addition, you may have to complete corresponding schedules, such as
* Schedule REG-1-L, Illinois Business Site Location Information,
* Schedule REG-1-O, Owner, Officer, and General Partner Information, and
* Schedule REG-1-R, Responsible Party Information.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing if you complete and mail Form REG-1 to us.